Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Change: “Yes We Can” --Thoughts by RF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY


After watching this music video “Yes We Can” I was truly touched. Different famous icons such as, Will.i.am, Common, and Scarlett Johansson, were in this music video, based on one of Obama’s speeches, the subject being change. Most republicans would say that democrats are all about, talking about what they want but never making those words into actions. This is where I think they are wrong. There might be proof that that has occurred in the past but aren’t we, as a country, trying to make today better for the future? Barack Obama claims he is going to help our country change. We will not ever know whether or not those actions will ever happen, unless we vote for Obama and give him a chance to form us into the country we know we are able to become. Today, November 4, 2008 is truly history in the making. It has not really hit me until now. If McCain is elected instead of Obama, I believe, our country will be totally different. Obama has flaws like every other human being, but I think he is good for our country. He is good for the change our country is about to encounter. Like all change, it will be difficult, but we have to start somewhere don’t we? Why not start by voting for Barack Obama for president?
After listening to Obama speak, you really feel up lifted. You gain this sense of hope and believe our country is capable of change. I hope Obama wins, not because I dislike McCain but because I believe Obama will make a difference in the United States.

No comments: