Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thoughts by VQ

Actually, for me, I don’t really care about the election. As an international student in the United States, the laws of the United States don’t affect me that much. Of course I do not get benefit from the U.S. government as much as the U.S. citizens. However, as an outsider, I still have my opinion. After I read Obama’s book, he talks about why he decided to be a community organizer, I figured out that Obama is the man who really wants to change, he gives his opinion that change should not from the top but from the root. I think that is true because sometimes people don’t feel responsible for their community. The issue I am concerned about in this election is the immigration problem. Since both of them support the immigration issue, they both will give some benefit laws for this issue when either of them wins. So I am wondering if Barack Obama wins today, he might give a law says that American companies need highly skilled professionals in order to maintain a competitive level in technological fields so America will grant permanent residency to international students in sciences and mathematics that completed advanced degrees.

No comments: