Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama is the President! --Thoughts by IP


The 2008 election was very intense! It was intense even for me. As much as I do not know and care about politics, I still enjoyed talking about the campaign, watching it and debating it.
I really liked Obama I agreed on all his policies, his policies seemed very fair to me, everything except the abortion policy, in this case I agree with McCain, but other than that Obama is the one that will make a big turn-around in economy, war and in the history of politics.
I couldn’t believe that yesterday was finally the day we all waited for; I remember last year talking about it seemed so far away from now. And now it has already passed. November fourth on the night of the results of the election, I was lying on my bed, reading a book while being half asleep, I knew that Obama was going to be elected, but still I had a feeling America is not ready for an African American president and also still thought that there might be a chance that McCain will be elected. While lying on my bed and reading my book half asleep, I heard a really loud scream. I don’t’ know why but I got scared, not about the election, just because this really loud and long scream ruined my peace. I totally forgot about the election that time. A sudden knock on the door, I turned around in my bed to face the door, Mimi comes in and yells; “Obama won!!!!!” I don’t know why but I stayed in this turned-around uncomfortable position for a while and thinking about it. It was good news for me. I actually do have faith in him! I believe that the country will become much better.

No comments: