Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama: one-term-stand, or worthwhile? --Thoughts by PA

I do not have anything against Obama. I appreciate his charisma and drive throughout his entire campaign, but I do worry about how good of a president he actually will be given the country's current circumstances. Our country's economy is in a downward spiral, our military is being spread too thin, and many various issues are being fought over without result. I believe that a one-term senator cannot mend our country. I also do not believe that John McCain could not right the problems. This country is not going to be able to right itself in one night (or four years) what we have created is long term damage that has been building up. In reality, we can’t have an immediate pull out of Iraq as much as I would like to be able to, it is just not realistic. But I do believe that Barack Obama will try very hard to do what he can.



The one thing that really bothers me is how Barack won. I believe he won because of his race. People say he is the first “urban” president, three letters….J-F-K. I have nothing against an African-American president, I am very happy that we have finally done it. But he did win because he got all of the non upper-class white votes. All the young people voted for him regardless of his stances on issues. That is what truly bothers me.
I believe that Barack Obama can do and will do great things. He has many supporters and almost the entire country unified underneath him. America has taken a great step in electing their first black president, now we need a woman…who can’t see Russia from her window.

No comments: